Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing credit card device with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Can i interface online credit card reader with pic microcontroller like in this link
**broken link removed**
Actullay in the given link there is no option for interfacing with microcontroller.this is just for reference that i want to use these kind of devices with microcontroller.
If interfacing can be done between both devices then what interface options we have like (rs232,rs485,IrDA,bluetooth etc).

Do you want to read the card information and transmit it to the MCU? Or do you need to have the credit card transaction processed as well.

What i want to do is that, first the user swap the card and the detail comes from online is read by the microcontroller.if the user have enough amount then microcontroller start the certain process.after the process ends the user again sweep the card and enter the amount to be deducted , this reading may or may not be read by the microcontroller.
It that scheme possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.