Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd and switch multiplexing with 18f452 portb

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroskj1988

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using pic18f452.inmy project,i have to multiplex LCD(jhd539,16X4) and switches. i am using lcd in 4 bit mode
i directly connected switch and data line of lcd to portb<1-4>.when am working with pgm there is random variations.my doubt is whether there is any problem in multiplexing directly. pls help me
thanks in advance

It would be better to see the schematic.

It is not advisable to connect datalines and keypad to same port pins directly.

i am using pic18f452.inmy project,i have to multiplex LCD(jhd539,16X4) and switches. i am using lcd in 4 bit mode
i directly connected switch and data line of lcd to portb<1-4>.when am working with pgm there is random variations.my doubt is whether there is any problem in multiplexing directly. pls help me
thanks in advance

You can easily connect the switches and LCD on the same lines. See the attached schematic. the pull up resistors are 4K7 and pull doen are 1K.

27_1312788180.gif

Cheers

Ravi

thank u sir
i using schematic similar to your,except the pull up resistor
but i am getting response that some keys pressed even if am not pressed it

Status
Not open for further replies.