Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

operational amplifier problem shunt current measurment

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a problem with my circuit : i have to calculate the current throught the shunt resistor ( each shunt have a value of 5 m ohm, so the value is 20 mohm ) the current is 4A and the voltage is 80 mV and the gain is 10, the pin 1 of J2 is the GND, the pin 3 of J2 is VCC, the pin 2 is the input of the voltage to amplifie, when i test my circuit i have no voltage that has been amlpified, have you an idea about this ?

Circuit has an error : LM324 pin 2 should be between R5 & R6

Connector J2 pin 1 GND & measured current - , pin 2 measured current + , pin 3 IC power supply

I mean , when i look your drawning.......
J2 pin3 is positive supply to IC
pin2 is measured current input +
pin1 is negative supply to IC (gnd) and measured current input - (gnd)
ie. measured current flows from pin2 to pin1

i have a problem with my circuit : i have to calculate the current throught the shunt resistor ( each shunt have a value of 5 m ohm, so the value is 20 mohm ) the current is 4A and the voltage is 80 mV and the gain is 10, the pin 1 of J2 is the GND, the pin 3 of J2 is VCC, the pin 2 is the input of the voltage to amplifie, when i test my circuit i have no voltage that has been amlpified, have you an idea about this ?

When you connect the resistors properly (as you have done in https://www.edaboard.com/threads/220637/ ) then the gain for the non inverting amplifier will be 1+(R6/R5) which is 1+10=11
In your previous thread both me and FvM have pointed that mistake but you keep repeating it.

Alex

Yes alex i know that the gain is 11 but i write always 10, don't worry about that.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

i have another question about the shunt resistor, it is not a low value 20 m ohm ?

I have used a 20m ohm in the past with a stepper motor but the gain I have used was 50 , so the output was 1v for each Ampere.
It depends on what you want, a small shunt resistor will heat less and will not alter the circuit operation (the 20m ohm is almost like a short)

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.