Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between bluetooth and WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesholv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

What is the difference between bluetooth connection and WiFi connection, I mean how the connection establish between the client s and which RF signal is using ? Please explain me more deeply

The main difference between the two technologies is that Bluetooth devices communicate one-on-one with each other, whereas WiFi devices communicate with any other device through a wireless router.

Usage Differences
Bluetooth is generally used for transmitting audio, such as from your cell phone to your wireless earpiece.
WiFi is generally used for transmitting Internet signals from your cable or DSL modem to and from your computer.

Difference Between WiFi and Bluetooth | Difference Between | WiFi vs Bluetooth
Bluetooth Vs WiFi - difference between bluetooth and wifi technology
Tech My Day: Difference Between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
**broken link removed**
http://eee.guc.edu.eg/Announcements/Comparaitive_Wireless_Standards.pdf

One more doubt , In both case (WiFi and Bluetooth) is it ip based data packet is modulated with RF signal ?

Bluetooth is one to one, more limited coverage area and not IP based. Bluetooth is used mainly to replace cabled connections (RS-232).

data rate are much higher currently for wifi but the price to pay is also a higher current draw

Status
Not open for further replies.