Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy to start IDE for 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I am a newbie for 8051 family.I have access to Keil Microvision IDE to start working.As I am not so proficient in C I propose to start in Assembler.Can i start with assembler effectively in Keil.Can anybody suggest me some simple projects to start with Keil Assembler or Ccompiler.
Is Keil a too professional IDE to start with so that I will end up confused. 8O
Also I have read somewhere in our board that AsimKhan's programmer is not reliable .Any clarifications?

Picstudent, now 8051student!!!

Picstudent said:
Hello
Also I have read somewhere in our board that AsimKhan's programmer is not reliable .Any clarifications?
Parallel port programmers are less reliable than serial ones because parallel port operates at TTL levels and is more succeptible to noise. Long cable length is always a problem if the circuit is not buffered.

Hi,

Ke**il is the best IDE you can use for 8051, whether you use the compiler or the assembler. Regarding the projects to start with, I'm sure you'll find some interesting PIC project to port to 8051. First of all, you should read some of the dox provided with Ke**il, and get familiar with the debugger and the debugger commands.

Regards

Hi, I would recommend you P-h-y-t-o-n www dot phyton dot com which IDE I like most. It has a very friendly user interface, offers configurable integration with many other compilers and tools, editor can autocomplete, very good simulator-debugger (which impressed me, you can see and easily modify all resources, more compact than K--l), desktop and environment saving, free assembler, CC limited in demo version. Good luck.

You can use franklin proview tool they are simple and powerfull you can get the free version from their page or search.
h**p://www.fsinc.com/devtools/

dahem0n

Status
Not open for further replies.