Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about displaying data on 2x16 LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I just want to know if it's possible to make 1 row scrolling while the other row stays still all the time?

Besides, how can I get rid of the cursor which keeps blinking beside the character?

Thx!

datasheet lcd ขนาด 2x16

yes you can do that the curser can be off by using curser off command see for more detail in this forum you will find some good example and also data sheet for hd88470

Re: 2x16 LCD module

I attached the datasheet of an LCD which I feel is slightly more understandable than the rest. Anyway, the basic idea is that the output of an LCD mirrors the data stored in a RAM. So, you can carry out all sorts of fanciful effects, as long as the RAM is updated accordingly.
And yes, the cursor is a special feature that can be enabled/disabled using special commands as what Fragrance has mentioned. You may refer to the datasheet for the exact sequence.

Re: 2x16 LCD module

I think this should be the same datasheet:
**broken link removed**

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.