Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

maximum gates for in/out from paralell port

Status
Not open for further replies.

do_rin_entertainment

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need information and if it is possible an circuit that can help me obtain as much distinct outputs and inputs from the paralell port as possible. I saw DiscoLitez circuit that offers 32 output pins by multiplying the data port (pin 1 to 7, paralell port) with the control port (pin 1, 14, 16 and 17, three inverted, paralell port) by driving all the data pins in 4 sn74374 and giving each sn a diffrent clock signal.

don't recomemnd me some fpga... good and expensive... don't have money...... parents = teachers.. teachers in romania (with small leters!!!!!)

I am wondering if ther is a reverse for the thing above: there are 5 pins for input (status ports) and I was wondering if the data port can be used as an input, too (beneath the output mode). I remember I once have seen a circuit that had an oscilator (clock signal generator or quartz, don't remember) @40KHz; next in the circuit came a signal splitter (some kind of digital comutator that when the clock was low is on sw1 and whrn the clock is high it is on sw2) that splits the signal between the input port (5 status x 8 data = 40 input) and the output port (4 control x 8 data = 32 output).

I intent to build my own plotter with which I can plot my electronic circuit boards instead of plotting them with THICK markers..... and many much things can be done with such a toy =] =] =]

I just need to send to the computer more diagnosis signals (halfstep taken (I will only work in halfstep mode) on +x / -x / +y / -y +z / -z axis, +x / -x / +y / -y / +z / -z axis end triger, ready for command, error etc)

that's it (the z axit is for thickness - I will put there some drop-like pen, turned upside-down and if I lower the brush the line will get thicker and if I rise it the line will become lighter until the brush will lose touch with the board)

Thank you a lot.

Do RiN

ps: is it possible to make a stepper @ 200 fulls-teps / 360 degrees (that is 400 halfsteps per 360 degrees) to have like some half-half steps?? (steps between the half-steps by adjusting the tension in the L as following:

gnd pin1 pin2 pin3 pin4
-12 +12 0 0 +12
-12 +12 0 0 +6
-12 +12 0 0 0
-12 +12 +6 0 0
-12 +12 +12 0 0
-12 0 +12 0 0
-- and so on -- )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com