Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XR2206 function generator circuit connecting with Instruementation amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegal121

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello to everyone...!

I have made function generator circuit using XR2206 and it works perfectly with varying frequencies of 20Hz-20KHz.. But the the problem is that when i connect this function generator output to the input of AD620 (pin 3) having Rg=100 then there is no output at the pin 6 of AD620 :sad: whereas when i connected the same fucntion generator output to my low pass butterworth filter (Fc = 25 Hz) then its working as well as showing excellent frequency response.. I am just stuck here ... what's the problem with AD620...? ( my AD620 circuit is working fine when input is given by lab Function generators)

Thank u...

Attachments

• F.G.png
    F.G.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 176

Consider different offset voltages. Without knowing the XR2206 and AD620 supply voltages, the problem can't be analyzed however. Also, what's the -IN voltage?

I use the XR2206 in my waveform generator.

The sine and triangle waves ride a DC component. At no time do they go below zero.

I use it mostly for audio purposes, and the DC offset is usually filtered out.

I need to install an inline capacitor when I want to eliminate DC offset.

Thank u for replying...

Actually I am giving supply voltages separately to both circuits , I mean that i am giving +-6v to AD620 circuit and from another supply 9V and Ground to the XR2206 circuit , and I had also tried, that by giving the single supply to both circuits i.e giving same +6V of AD620 to the XR2206 supply pin and same ground of AD620 to XR2206 ground pin but no use, no output .. :sad:

I'm not familiar with the AD620.
But you say it detects the output from lab function generators.

I imagine they produce true AC. That is, the waveform crosses zero volts.

The 2206 is an oddball that way. Its sine and triangle waves sweep between 2V and 4V.

Therefore I suppose the waveform must cross zero V, in order for the AD620 to detect it as AC.

It will be easy to achieve this by putting a large value capacitor inline with the signal coming from the 2206.

There's also a way to do level-shifting using an op amp. But the capacitor method is quick and easy.

oka thanks for the help
i will try this & then will inform u ppl , that is it working or not...:-|
thank u..

Status
Not open for further replies.