Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what means of intrinsic conductivity???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe80

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intrinsic conductivity

can u all help me to define the definition of intrinsic conductivity??
any links will help me to refer??

definition of conductivity intrinsic

well intrinsic conductivity is a pharse which always used in semiconductor Phy. ,well the pure silicon conductor has a certain conductivity value and they called intrinsic because it is the natural conductivity of a pure silicon without any one change it ,but sometime we need to increase the intrinsic conductivity by doping the silcion by some materials which increase no of electrons or increase something called holes and then we call it n-type or p-type

what is intrinsic conductivity

Pretty much what Ahmed stated. What you need to understand is intrinsic values and the context of which it is important. Meaning semi-conducting materials. You might see it denoted in a lower case, italic i. An example would be ni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back