Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM output from a MCU to 4-20 mA current loop output

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathiya.ks@tekbridge.in

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all... :|

first of all pls apologize me for asking this question.. I know there are circuits available for this in google... But I am confused and badly in-need of help from you guys..... :-:)-:)-(

here is my problem :

I am looking for a Signal converter which converts 0-5 VDC PWM output from a MCU to 4-20 mA current loop output. I have selected the following ICs for the purpose :
XTR 115/116,
XTR 117,
XTR 110,
XTR 106.

The problem I am facing is the power which is used to excite the IC is not from the current loop. I have a separate regulator to do this. But I cannot find any options or pins to connect Vcc and Gnd. Please suggest me some IC which can fulfill our requirement.

Also, I am using this IC in developing a new product. So it should be available widely at-least for few years.

Guys pls suggest me some ways....
thanx in advance...:smile::smile:

-sathya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back