Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for course for electronics hardware engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanandh1983

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am the PCB design engineer with BE qualification have 2 years of exp. I want switch over on electronics hardware engineer (R&D). For that what should I do.
Is there any course is available for hardware engineer. Please give me some idea.

By
Anand

Re: electronics hardware

You could probably look for an entry level job for Hardware Engineer. And over the period of time you will gain experience on it.
your PCB design experience can help you with some of the aspects of H/W designing like basics, specifications of the components etc

Thanks for information,

There is any course for learning the electronics hardware basics like circuit analysis etc.

By
Anand

I have'nt come across any courses for circuit analysis and stuffs like they have for Embedded Systems/RTOS etc... That doesnt mean there are no such courses, you got to check locally.
Circuit analysis learning normally starts from the academic level or on the Job. Thats why I suggested to look for Entry Level jobs in this field.

Thank you very much,

Could you please tell me what are the subjects we need to learn to get entry level jobs in this field.

By
Anand

yep.

Basic Electronics: that is the basic electronics principles(Voltage, current, Resistance etc)
Transistors,Amplifiers,Operational Amplifiers (I think googling "Basic Electronics" will give you more details)

Digital Electronics: At present the electronics is becoming faster and faster with the help of microcontrollers, microprocessors,DSP,FPGA etc.
A digital knowledge has now become a pre-requiste for a Hardware Engineer.
So you need to know the basics of Logic gates etc. (Again googling should help you better)

Once you get a lil idea about how things work, start analysing small hobby projects which are avalaible in the net or a electronics magazines(EFY/Elektor etc).

In the mean time look for the job.

All the Best!!

Thank you,

By

Anand

You can go for MS in VLSI from some good university or look for some training course available from CDAC or institute like them. Going for entry level job too is a good idea.

Thank you for your information,

By,

Anandh

u can go through the efy magzine...they r conducting the courses in basics of electronics...and in other electronic fields....if u want to know some basics u can go through the electronic devices & circuits by salivahan

Hi,

I from chennai, Tamilnadu,India.

By
Anandh

Status
Not open for further replies.