Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operational Amplifier as comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

taring77

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Operational Amplifier

Hi all,
is there any useful links or notes on basic functions and how op amp works. I tried searching thru the net but found nothing basic.

thanks all
taring

Re: Operational Amplifier

It's hard to think that you cannot find anything basic. Just google around for it.
http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=opamp+basics&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
Or you may want to refer to National's Application Note on Op-Amp Circuits.
**broken link removed**
You don't exactly need to know how it works in order to use it. The internal circuit is quite complicated for a beginner. Even the basic 741 contains 10+ transistors in all sorts of configurations.

Operational Amplifier

operational amplifier Also called an op amp. A
specialized linear integrated circuit (IC) that consists
of several transistors, resistors, diodes, and
capacitors, interconnected to produce gain over a
wide range of frequencies. A single amplifier can
comprise an entire IC, or an IC can contain several
amplifiers. The dual op amp and the quad op
amp are common variants. Some ICs contain one
or more amplifiers in addition to other circuits.
The devices can be used with resistance-capacitance
(RC) network combinations to build active
filters for use at audio frequencies.

Operational Amplifier

Recently, I just downloaded text book from Upload/download area. Try to search for it!

just download it:

Regards

Operational Amplifier

**broken link removed**

I really like the information in this page.

One thing I notice in the operation of opamps is that sometiems they are used to utilize the fact there is no current through the opamp. What I do is allow the base current to change by an amount. This is what I call a differential situation. Sometimes the zero current fact is used to create voltage amplification, but this cheats the input because it does not get the current change produced by a signal.

The operational amplifier (opamp) has this name because it is a circuit element that can easily be used to perform mathematical operations with the electrical signals (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, integration, differentiation,…).

An opamp is a circuit which, ideally, has:
-> no input current - infinite input impedance
-> infinite voltage gain
-> zero output impedance

Real opamps can present a small input current (this depends on the type of transistor used in the input), a very large gain and a small output impedance.

There are lots of materials that you can access that explain how the properties I mentioned above can be utilized to design useful circuits.

PS: Input current does not have anything to do with achieving high voltage gain. The input current is just a non-ideality. “Differential situation”, whatever that is, is also not related to the input current.

Operational Amplifier

TM Frederiksen, Intuitive Operational Amplifiers, McGraw-Hill

this is a very readable introduction to op amps, i don't know if it is available here or elsewhere on line

go to **broken link removed**

you can read this.(it's from texas ins.)
it's a very useful source.
**broken link removed**

and there is one another at Analog University of National Semi. You can also find more there .

Operational Amplifier

You can read this books:
Microelectronics Circuits by Sedra and Smith.
Microelectronics Circuits by Rashid.

You can visit:
h*****users.ece.gatech.edu/rincon-mora/publicat/journals/unpub/lv_amp.pdf, finding a pdf for low voltage techniquesand considerations on integrarted operational amplifiers. by PE Allen and DR Holdberg. You can also search google for what PE Allen and DR Holberg have written about opams, or try to find their book CMOS Analog circuit design, 2nd edition.

better try and study from the art of electronics by paul horowitz and winfield hill
op amp has been dealt wonderfully in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back