Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recording sound to atmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqaswattoo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy.
Can anyone help me for recording audio in atmega16?
Plz give me an idea for it.
I want to save an audio file in eeprom using atmega16 and then playback it through a speaker.

Unless you use an external EEPROM or you want to store very short audio, I don't think you'll succeed. An ATMega 16 has only 512 bytes EEPROM.

If you want do some experiments, you can follow a quick and dirty path: sample at fixed intervals the audio level at an ADC port and store raw data. You can play them later with an ADC.
Note that, even to attain a poor quality result, you need to sample each 250-300 us. Mega16 ADC is able to do so, but you roughly need 4kbyte for one second of record.

For serious results, I recommend to move to a bigger and more powerful device, such as Atmel UC3 (core AVR32), in this case you can compress the audio with a software vocoder.

n if i want to use pic microcontroller, what u will suggest to do????

if u have any program in C then kindly share it with me......
Thanks

Hi
can you use any extra IC to connect to PIC? for example ISD series ICs?
BR

I ve done this interfacing uc to a 512mb mmc on spi port. You can get pic18f452 for this

Hi
I mean extra IC for recording sound.... If you can

Status
Not open for further replies.