Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting sine waveform to constant voltage value

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeekay

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am interfacing an accelerometer. Its A0760GP from CSI. I intend to measure vibration of system using it. It is providing a sinusoidal waveform as output varying between -5 to +5V, whose peak to peak voltages change with vibration. What can be the better method to have constant voltage value corresponding to sinusoidal voltages.
My idea is to use precision rectifier , filter its output and digitalize it... Is it OK..?

What frequency is the carrier waveform? What you have is an AM wave form, to recover the modulation, you need a circuit that is fast enough to follow and detect the carrier, but then follow it with a filter to reject the carrier components. With such a huge p-p signal I would have thought that a simple diode rectifier would do, followed by an op-amp to balance out the DC component and to changing the scaling to something meaningful, filtering out the carrier components.
Frank

The output vibration is not likely sinusoidal. Vibration signals are complex ; a fourier sum of sinus wave of different amplitude, frequency and phase.
The power in the broadband ( 0 - bandwidth_ can be calculated by calculating the RMS (Root Mean Square) of the signal over a least 10 cycles of the lowest Fourier component.
RMS = Average (sum(x-mean))

Thanks for quick replies..
Chucky, It means that an envelope detector followed by op-amp will do the job..?

I will try it surely and will update you with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back