Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wavecom WMOi3 GPRS modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeklac

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wmoi3

Wavecom WMOi3 modem datasheet/user guide V1.4

wavecom wmoi3

Hey how does one connect the module for testing? It seems to have a very small 2x25 male connector. It looks like IDC but it is much smaller.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~B

wmoi3 datasheet

Yes, it's 0.5 inch space between pins.We have these modems including 2x25 male connectors.

www.taptronics.com

ds18s20 said:
Hey how does one connect the module for testing? It seems to have a very small 2x25 male connector. It looks like IDC but it is much smaller.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~B

modem wavecom wmoi3

I e-mailed orders@taptronics.com but it bounced my e-mail. I just need a cable with connector. Can you sell me one?

The web site does work but the e-mail didnt

Thanks
~B

wmoi3

HEllo, does someone know if the module support SMS messaging in text mode?
Thanks.

Kill

wmoi3

killboy2000 said:
HEllo, does someone know if the module support SMS messaging in text mode?
Kill

Yes it does.

Both mobile term and org

~B

wavecom wmoi3 at

It finally works, yay. Connector was found at HSC Santa Clara for $0.07 each LOL

Re: wavecom wmoi3 at

It finally works, yay. Connector was found at HSC Santa Clara for $0.07 each LOL

can you please tell me the link for the connector?

thanks

Added 7/23/2010 regarding the 50-pin WMOi3 connector:

I get asked often the key question about Wavecom WMOi3 GSM module: where does one find that super small 50 pin board-to-board connector in such configuration as to solder those individual wires meaning the connector has the usual leads exposed after it fits into the module? Well I found it at HSC Electronics Supply, HSC Electronic Supply - Silicon Valley's Electronic Marketplace

However they don't sell something that small on-line. If you don't know what HSC is, think of a warehouse for components. Endless shelves with parts, most sold by the pond. Little inventory on the web site and every weekend - a parking lot sale :)

Added 7/23/2010 regarding the 50-pin WMOi3 connector:

I get asked often the key question about Wavecom WMOi3 GSM module: where does one find that super small 50 pin board-to-board connector in such configuration as to solder those individual wires meaning the connector has the usual leads exposed after it fits into the module? Well I found it at HSC Electronics Supply, HSC Electronic Supply - Silicon Valley's Electronic Marketplace

However they don't sell something that small on-line. If you don't know what HSC is, think of a warehouse for components. Endless shelves with parts, most sold by the pond. Little inventory on the web site and every weekend - a parking lot sale :)

hi
thanks for the information
but i am unable to find the connector online on HSC website. Is it plausible for you to sell connector to me? I needed 100 connectors.
thanks

hi
thanks for the information
but i am unable to find the connector online on HSC website. Is it plausible for you to sell connector to me? I needed 100 connectors.
thanks

They don't list such small parts on the web site, I think your best bet would be to e-mail me and I could give you the part #

This place is like a huge warehouse with thousands of bins full of parts. You can spend hours looking for small stuff and some times you find what you are looking for; and some times you don't.

The project which I built using the connector is here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back