Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant Current Drive circuit for Inductive load

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am searching for some simple way to drive a constant bidirection through an inductor (with 50-100Ohm and 1-5mH). My voltage supply is 5V. I had been looking for some PWM driver IC but had no success to get a IC to operate at 5V.
Please suggest me if any one have a idea how I can implement this.

Regards,
Umesh

Hey Thanks for your reply, but I am looking for some IC which can generate some PWM drive for H-Bridge to make sure current flowing through the load is constant (irrespective of some inductance/resistance change)

Do you mean the average current, because unless you have a constant current (high impedance circuit) the current will rise exponentially during your pulse then reverse direction and fall exponentially when your pulse is "off".
Frank

Yes, I mean average current with peak/low going upto 102%/98% of average current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back