Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert from .asm/.c to .exe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peizo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert

hi
i want to know how to :
1-convert from *.asm to *.exe
2-covert from *.c to *.exe

note : i'm use TMS320VC33 DSK starter kit..

Re: convert

Hi peizo

I have not worked with tms320c3x (I have some experience with c5000) but let me try to say something.
Most probably the compilation procedure is similar

So you start from C source file then after preprocesor substitution C compiler is invoked and the result is
some kind of object file (asm file can also be generated if an option is set). The object file contains all of
the algorithm information but it is still not clear where in the memory this code will be loaded. Object file as
intermediate file is invented since it is more convinient to separate the big projects into peaces and if you
modify only one C function only the object file which contains its code will be recreated.

Then the linker is invoked with parameters all object files in the project (using the target memory model
information as well as some recommendation about code allocation in this memory model). The result is
COFF formated image , usually with out extension. Most probably you meant this file when you speek about
.exe.

The procedure is similar if the asm is used as an starting poiont.

Note that this is of couse very simplified description.

Regards
dora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back