Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yamaha dd50 service manual or diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARPINTERO

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends:
I need Service Manual or Diagram to Yamaha Digital Drum DD-50. Thank you for Help me!!.

Ricardo

In which case I suggest you take it apart and try to find out where the power is lost. If you are lucky it will simply be a bad connection on the DC plug, a faulty on-off switch or a broken wire.

Keith.

Hi Keit!:
The DD50 no start, display panel no start (stay off). The external power suplly its OK (12v)

Just check if the power switch is ok (slider switch) at the bottom on the circuit try to short it directly with a wire (assuming you have some knowledge in electronics) and see if it works.

possible problems in circuit
0.power adaptor - make sure it ac - ac adaptor (in 240/120 and out 12volts AC)
1.power socket - dry solder or broken
2.power ic for regulating voltage
3.power switch contacts on the circuit board

on the top can someone help what is 2 diode values present on the board which connects to pads in my machine battery leak damaged the diodes...Appreciate if some one can send me details

Thanks
Vindy

I also found these that will help you.

**broken link removed**

Regards,
ca2102

Attachments

• Yamaha DD50.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 271
Sorry about that.
This may work
View attachment 55174

Hi Ca2102,

Thanks you very much... never thought I would find this kind of detailed information this drum pad is lying idle for more than 3years since I could not find circuit layout and local Yamaha authorised ppl are not ready to take it for repairs...!

this drum machine damaged because of battery leak on the board... I have repaired this board to an exten... now my display and buttons work perfectly but still I could not get tones out!
1.all buttons (rubber pad works/led light close in resposnse to buttons pressed)
2. jog wheel works - if i rotate numeric display changes accordingly.
3. even it shows increment decrement of volume buttons response on display

problem.

1.no tones played back.
2. very loud hiss noise generates - its like empy FM audio station.
3. this noice generated - has no impact if i control voulem.
4. whenever i change press buttons this noice mementary stops and generates back

can you please help me where to start trouble shooting.

thank you

Vindy

Dear frens, my Yamaha DD-50 goes on and off when played on. What may be spoilt/the problem? I might have played too hard on it or it might have dropped onto the floor with some impact causing this problem.

And can the new Yamaha HH65 Hi-Hat pedals be modified to make them work with the Yamaha DD-50?

It could be a bad connection. Have a look for cracked solder joints and loose connectors.

Keith

Reactions: shr1

shr1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear frens, my Yamaha DD-50 goes on and off when played on. What may be spoilt/the problem? I might have played too hard on it or it might have dropped onto the floor with some impact causing this problem.

And can the new Yamaha HH65 Hi-Hat pedals be modified to make them work with the Yamaha DD-50?

I have the same problem which started a week ago during a gig with my DD-50 of it going off and back on. When struck it will frequently go off and come right back on. It will also go off and back on if it plays a song (which resets the machine and stops the song) , without being struck at all.

It would be easier to debug if the power just stayed off, rather than coming back on after a moment.

I will take it apart tomorrow. I have a suspicion it is the power switch where it contacts the circuit board. Anything that I can use to clean that set of contacts?
Any chance it is a bad capacitor in the power supply section?

Thanks all for the various schematics and diagrams.

Update. I found a transistor that seemed to have had a cold solder joint in the power supply area. It did not look like there was a bad solder joint, but when I tapped around the board gently, if I hit that transistor the power would go off and on. So I re-soldered that transistor and it looks like the problem is solved. I hope it really is that simple.

Last edited:
Hi,
sorry for wake up this thread.
My DD50 got the same problem with restart during play. First I thought it happend from a bad capacitor as well.
@Keyman69: Which transistor with a cold solder do you mean ?? I want to check this before I change some capacitors.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back