Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab windows 7, Runtime Error! win32\matlab.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndiJones

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Whenever I try to open Matlab, I get the following message on top of the Matlab 7 splash screen and the program terminates:

QUOTE:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Press OK button.

UNQUOTE

Could anyone plz advise me on this.

Thanks in advance!

matlab 7 runtime error

IndiJones said:
Whenever I try to open Matlab, I get the following message on top of the Matlab 7 splash screen and the program terminates:

QUOTE:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Press OK button.

UNQUOTE

Could anyone plz advise me on this.

Thanks in advance!

i think this is a si,milar error to that of the earlier versions of matlab.. namely 6. They attributed the fault to the fact that the "jave run time environment" files arent updated.... So, they released a patch for matlab version 6 and they corrected that in version 6p5. i donot know if there is a patch for the new version. i think this might be the reason. you could search for the patch or look forward for more answers...

regards,
arunmit168.

matlab 7 windows 7

Search in the Matlab forum
newsreader.mathworks.com
I seam to remember some users there complaining about a similar problem.

matlab runtime error

unfortunately, no one has given the solution to this problem on the above mentioned matlab discussion site.

matlab 7.0 runtime error

Be sure your computer meets the requirements:
h**p://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/windows.html

windows 7 matlab

As flatulant said, there's no answer to this problem in Matlab forums. My computer has everything as required by the system requirements. I just found out from the task manager\processes that the matlab.exe and matlabserver.exe starts running as the computer is turned on. If I end process of matlab.exe and then run Matlab, it works without any problem!
Before installing Matlab 7, I removed java2sdk1.42. I'll reinstall it and see if it corrects the problem.

matlab 7 and windows 7

After reinstalling j2sdk, nothing changed. During Windows startup, I noticed that matlab webserver was running. So I disabled running webserver during windows startup and restarted the computer. After that matlab.exe and matlabwebserver.exe stopped running with the startup and since then it's not showing the runtime error and working.....for the time being. :)

windows 7 matlab 7

hi i have this problem with matlab 6.5 . i disabled matlabwebserver then i did uninstall it but i have thi sprob yet.
what do i do ?

matlab microsoft visual c++ runtime library

try using msconfig to stop matlabwebserver.exe from starting up,,

matlab 7.0 problems

MATLAB worked fine after installation, until I restarted. That's when the same error you got started coming up for me.

//
Solution:

Open 'regedit' (Start -> Run -> type 'regedit' and press enter). In HKEY_CURRENT_USER open SOFTWARE and then MathWorks. Delete all of the subfolders in MathWorks.

Press ctrl+alt+del -> click 'Processes' and close all MATLAB related processes (I had 3 running with names something like MATLAB and matlabserver).

Run MATLAB again, and hopefully it will work now!
\\

I'm running MATLAB Release 14 on WinXP Home

matlab visual c++ runtime error

it's a problem in java runtime, i guess if u update the java runtime invirnoment of the internet it will do the trick

runtime error matlab 7

Hi!

I've had this problem too. I first solved it by running the matlab.bat file with -nodesktop parameter (also works with -nojava). But after a bit of googling, I've found that there could be a connection between having a non-standard theme in windows xp and this java runtime error!

Eg. my MATLAB_JAVA enviroment variable is set to: C:\Programmer\MATLAB7\sys\java\jre\win32\jre1.4.2\ - and so jvm.dll is located in C:\Programmer\MATLAB7\sys\java\jre\win32\jre1.4.2\bin\client (the \bin\client part will matlab figure out by it self).

So far this problem has only occured with ONE of my many themes (a theme calles SilverMAX) - and I really have no idea why :-\ - but resetting do default theme certainly did the trick for me :)
(So many hours of fustration, just because of a simple, non-standard windows theme...)

I don't know if the theme file use java directly, or if it' just occupies something that java uses to draw the matlab desktop. (It is after all the desktop-part of matlab that gives the error, and aparently java is used by matlab to draw the UI)

Hope this works for you.

Best regards

Rasmus Schøler, Denmark

matlab 7 problems

visit matlab.com or search help.it is present in help.

microsoft visual c++ runtime library matlab

vaf20 said:
hi i have this problem with matlab 6.5 . i disabled matlabwebserver then i did uninstall it but i have thi sprob yet.
what do i do ?

u can delete break file with wintools programme..maybe it can be solveyour problem..

matlab 7 for windows 7

I have exactly the same problem, but I have also matlab 6.1 running on the same machine. When I want to start matlab 7, I open the task manager and stop the process matlab.exe, then I start matlab 7 and it works fine. Hope this helps.

matlab windows7

hi

its the problem with actually 64bit PCs,

for MATLAB 7 atext file is included which has procsser versions on which matlab will run, see that file name and how to modify that on matlab forum

microsoft visual c++ runtime library error matlab

In my case I solved the problem accesing to

Control panel
System
Advanced
Performance
Settings
Data Execution Prevention

Then thicking the option

"Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

and finally adding the location of the Matlab exe file.

Restart before open Matlab

Windows XP, Matlab 7.0

Hope this help you...

matlab 7 in windows 7

I tried what Thraxfire wrote and it worked perfectly. I had windowsblinds installed, when I removed it and turned my windows style appearance back to default then Matlab worked perfectly :)

matlab 7 patch

thanx dudes

I had "Tuneup Utilities" installed (similar to windowsblinds) took off the style and matlab 7 worked again

:D

matlab 6.5 windows 7

I've finally figured out the solution for this problem.

Problem: Matlab 7 shows me VC++ Runtime Error when I try to run it on Windows 7 beta 7022 build.

Solution: Simply change the theme to "Windows Classic". I also have tried to disable matlabserver service on startup, but it didn't work. After I changed the theme, it started to work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back