Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Etch Length & Manhattan Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
manhattan length

Hello all,

I found the net length info in Allegro like that,
/*
Total Etch Length: 2391.854 MIL
Total Manhattan Length: 2758.035 MIL
Percent Manhattan: 86.72%
*/
However I do not konw the difference, may you give me some ref?

Regards,

Davy Zhu

total manhattan length

Etch length is the actual length of your trace from the beginning point to the end point.

Manhattan length is the distance you would travel from the beginning point to the end point if you can only move in straight line paths along the x or y axis - or traveling the sides of a right triangle instead of the hypotenuse. (Like walking along the sidewalks of Manhattan, New York.)

The percentage of Manhattan is telling you how well you did in reducing the length of the trace overall - or how close you came to a direct path from beginning to end along the hypotenuse of the triangle instead of right angle x and y axis paths along the sides.

length of manhattan

Hello House_Cat,

Thank you for your help, and I found the equation 'Percent Manhattan' = 'Total Etch Length'/ '
Total Manhattan Length'.
Maybe we should make the 'Percent Manhattan' as small as possible, and what region is possible due to intuition?

Regards,

Davy Zhu

etch length manhattan length

Eatch length means total trace length ,
manhattan length means the lenth of the rats net showing between two pins

% means = eatch length / manhattan lenth*100

regards
rangareddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com