Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about Wiegand protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahrol_hisham

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any body help me in wiegand format and how the data look like. i try to write a code for weigand converter but it is low of resources for done this job.

weigand protocol

Hi,
weigand has many foramts. I knew Wiegand26 format.
There are tow line for wiegand. one is called D0 and one is called D1. D0 is for bit 0 and line D1 is for bit 1 transmission.
Normal the D0 & D1 will be kept in high, once there is a data need to transfer, for example, 0011, the first bit 0 will be put in D0, that's mean, it will low line D0 around 40us, at the same time. D1 is still in high. then , send next bit 0 at D0 line.
the 3rd bit 1 will be put on line D1, and lower D1 around 40 us.

wiegand parity

it is fix intervel between data 1 and data 2 and next data? and what is gap time between i package data to next pack data?

wiegand 34

In addition what taylor2000 said.

The Wiegand protocol (26 bit mode) itself is made up of a leading even parity bit (for b0 - b11), 24 bits of data (from transponder data) and a trailing odd parity bit (for b12-b23).

The physical Wiegand protocol is asynchronously transmitted as low going 50 uS pulses on the appropriate DATA low or DATA high pins. These pulses are separated by 2mS periods.

There is the 36 bit mode which has the same format except 34 bits are used to form the data sequence.

Regards,
George

wiegand data format

that the reader have a clock singnal out?... I have study a few arthical about wiegand protocol some of them say that the time intervel is 1s and other say 2s. That the time intervel depand manufacture.?

wiegand 34 protocol

>that the reader have a clock singnal out?...
There is no need to have a clock output. The separated D0 and D1 outputs are synchronised by themselves.

>Does the time interval depend of manufacturer?
It depends on how frequently somebody puts the card into reader.
The 26-bit protocol contains six BCD numbers, that's all.

wiegand protocol

may i know how wiegand 34 bits work ??

wiegand 36

i also want to know how 34bit format. how to get the parity and howmany bit for facility code and also howmany bit for card number. pls help me for this issu

wiegand 26 protocol

Wiegand Data Format
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.