Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduce 9V to 5V without 7805

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko-391

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know how to reduce 9V to 5V without 7805 or voltage divider?

A voltage divider will be anything that divides the voltage , not just two resistors but also a zener , a transistor or anything
that can be used in a linear voltage "regulator", all the designs are based an a pass element that introduces a voltage drop and keeps the output level to a constant level,
this is based on a voltage divider.

The only solution that doesn't use a voltage divider is a pulse psu because it is either on (full voltage) or off,
the duration of the on time adjusts the output voltage level.

Alex

you can use diodes
**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

But they are all low current capacitiy or use a 5V zener diode...

What do you think about switching mode power supply? I want to do this with low power dissipation.

It can be implemented with charge pump too. Its efficiency is better than linear regulator and it is cheaper than inductor-based DC/DC.

Last edited:

The 33063 / 3063 / NCP3064 is a good choice for this application, has current limit, and a shutdown pin (3064)

Regards, Orson Cart

Last edited:

I suggest you to use IC 34063 for these application...

The IT34063 is a monolithic switching regulator control circuit containing the primary functions required for DC-DC converters. This device consists of internal temperature compensated reference, voltage comparator, controlled duty cycle oscillator with active current limit circuit, driver and high current output switch. This device was specifically designed to be used in Step-Down, Step-Up and Voltage-Inverting applications with a minimum number of external components.
if you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask

Charge pump dosn't give high output current (>50mA). But Inductor based converter does.

My job is run PIC & another IC which has 9V supply voltage using same battery without regulator.(without high power dissipation).

No. Dolphins provide up to 1A chargepump IP. It depends on operating frequency and capacitor value.

something in detail?try lm2576 or lm2596?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back