Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIR sensor wiring with relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

garv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please anyone tell me......how to conect PIR sensor with relay to make relay trip...please tell me its urgent and tell me wiring it with relay clearly.thank you.

Which PIR? (link?) Which relay? (link?) What is your power supply?

Ken

hi ken thanks for your reply,
i am using a PIR sensor BS1600( PIR Sensor Module ), 12v 5pin relay. i am getting 3.3v at the output or PIR sensor and with this i want to trip the relay to which i am giving 12v supply. as i want to use 12v from relay weneva any motion is detected by a sensor so i need suggestions regarding the connection and wiring of sensor with 5pin 12v relay. the circuit is shown in the above link with sensor details(serial no. of sensor shown in the link is diff. bt it is same as m having), so please tell me the wiring shown in the above link clearly i mean on which pin i have to give 12v supply to relay, on which pin i have to add diode, which pin is to be gnd, and which pin is the output. please clear my doubts as it is getting difficult for me to understand relays. relay link is http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

thank you

Last edited:

Do you have a link to, or a part number for your relay? If not, can you measure the coil resistance between pins #85 and #86.

ken

hi ken,
i am using 12v , 5 pin relay and its numbering is 1,2,3,4,5...the yello color relay, u might hav seen. now i am confused with wiring as i hav already said. its SPDT 12v, 5 pin relay. the part number is JQC-3FC(T73)DC12V. you can see at this link,
RELAY ( JQC-3FC/T73 ) products, buy RELAY ( JQC-3FC/T73 ) products from alibaba.com
thanks and reply soon tc !

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

hey ken....this is my circuit please read it carefully and let me know its wiring and working....it would be great gesture from you. thank you.

Last edited:

Find (with a resistance meter, say a DMM) the two pins of the relay, which are between 50th .. 500 Ohm resistance can be measured (not zero!). These are the coil pins.

Use a DC 12 v supply(if your relay is a 12 V type): positive to the relay, negative to the transistor emitter AND to the negative pin of the sensor

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Take care: measure the coil resistance also with opposite polarity. If the two measurements give different results, the relay also includes a diode.

A little Google'ing: The 12V coil is 400Ω...30mA coil current.
The terminals viewed from the bottom, with the three terminals near you:
upper left... NC
upper right... NO
lower left... coil
lower middle... C
lower right coil
no internal flyback diode

You cannot power the relay from a 9V battery. You will need a 12V power source..wall wart or battery. Can you do that?

R1 in the attached could be 1KΩ to 10KΩ. I'm nor sure with out trying it.

Ken

Attachments

• PIRModuleRelay.gif
    PIRModuleRelay.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

hi ken...thanx alot,
but i am having the same prob which i was having previously...i am attaching the image so watch it carefully and guide me accordingly,
thank you so much for your efforts.

When the output of the PIR's pin 2 is 0v, the base of Q1 is low, turning OFF Q1. Q1 appears as an open switch, so you will see +12 on both ends of the relay coil. When the output fn the PIR's pin 2 is +3.3V, the base of Q1 is driven to +0.6V through R1, and Q1 is turned ON, like a closed switch. The lower end of the relay's coil is then pulled to ground by Q1's collector, turning on the relay.

In you relay pin-out connections (lower left), you don't need to connect the coil pins to the NO and NC pins.

Ken

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back