Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OziPic'er PIC programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
has anybody built the OziPic'er PIC programmer????

**broken link removed**

does somebody have a stripboard layout for this programmer?

and what do u guys thing about this programmer?

any personal experiences with this programmer?

Last edited by a moderator:

plms_ozipicer

I would recommend the ICD1 instead. The circuit is just as simple, although component cost is higher with an additional MAX232 and a 16F876. But in time to come, you will appreciate the ICSP capabilities during PIC development. When flashed with CCS's firmware, you can even run/stop programs using software, not having to touch your setup at all during software development. The programmer draws power from the prototype circuit, saves the need for another adaptor. Lastly, serial has less cable clutter than parallel. :wink:
Anyway, the ICD2 schematics are out, but I'm quite happy with my ICD1.

ozipic programmer

I recommend this cool ICSP programmer:
PIC-PG2C - SERIAL PORT PROGRAMMER FOR 8/18/28/40 PIN PIC MICROCONTROLLERS AND I2C EEPROMS + ICSP connector and cable

**broken link removed**

ozipic programmers

I have build it
**broken link removed**

p16pro40 zip file

samcheetah said:
has anybody built the OziPic'er PIC programmer????

**broken link removed**
does somebody have a stripboard layout for this programmer?

and what do u guys thing about this programmer?

any personal experiences with this programmer?

Sorry guys I know this is an old thread but I just finished building this programmer and thought I would make a few comments.
It works like a dream, I have tried Nigels winpicprog s/w as well as picall and it performs very well.
The pcb in pdf format is also the correct size, so this made things a whole lot easier.Instead of the two ic holders I used an Aries ZIF socket and the end result is very proffesional.
Apart from the zif socket most hobbiests will have the components in their junk box.

icsp p16pro40

Henrico im happy to hear this from u. indeed the P16PRO40 hardware and WinPicProg combo is a dream come true. its dirt cheap, fast and easy to use and build!

when i started this thread i was doubtful about it. i thought it might not work because it looked too simple. thats why i didnt want to spend my money on a PCB and i asked for a stripboard layout. although i did make a stripboard layout on paper but then i thought why not just make a PCB. and thats exactly what i did and i havent regretted that since.

the schematic on Nigel's website is great. u dont need to do anything. just print it. and i also used a ZIF socket instead of two IC sockets.

im lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!

pic ozipic

i've built both the 16pro40 and the OziPic'er using a 40 pin machined socket so my zif socket snaps into either programmer and i'am quite happy with the way they both work.i find sometimes achip won't program right with the one i'll try other.works for me.i wish the 16pro had icsp

pic-pg2c layout

bbarney said:
i've built both the 16pro40 and the OziPic'er using a 40 pin machined socket so my zif socket snaps into either programmer and i'am quite happy with the way they both work.i find sometimes achip won't program right with the one i'll try other.works for me.i wish the 16pro had icsp

The OziPic'r does have icsp, have a look at Nigels site, the pcb in pdf format is the correct size so just print it and make the pcb and you have an all in one programmer.If you dont come right pm me and I will mail you the zip file.

Good Luck

Re: OziPic'er

yes, Henrico is right. the Ozipic programmer has ICSP capabilities.

go to **broken link removed**or Nigel Goodwin's site **broken link removed** for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.