Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single phase to three phase converter for driving three phase induction motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syed Ali

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing my project on the topic (Single phase to three phase converter for driving three phase induction motor.)

Can Any one upload data or link related to

You can connect a capacitor like this (see picture)

Attachments

• Mumm.png
    Mumm.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 190
I am doing my project on the topic (Single phase to three phase converter for driving three phase induction motor.)

One way is you can convert single phase AC to DC (rectifier) and then convert again to three phase AC by using inverter. I assume the energy from single phase side enough to drive three phase motor.

One way is you can convert single phase AC to DC (rectifier) and then convert again to three phase AC by using inverter. I assume the energy from single phase side enough to drive three phase motor.

yes eiphan i have this idea, but i don't have sufficient data related to this.....can you further help me.. i have the block diagram related to my project idea here it is
88_1298995499.jpg
88_1298995499_thumb.jpg

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

yes eiphan i have this idea, but i don't have sufficient data related to this.....can you further help me.. i have the block diagram related to my project idea here it is

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

You can connect a capacitor like this (see picture)

Thanx Prototyp_V1.0

But my idea is different which i want to implement...

Here is the block diagram of my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

From what I see from the diagram, you may want to use PFC rectifier circuit with thyristor control or PWM IGBT control. I recommend IGBT depending on the rating of your system. First, I suggest you to make SM rectifier to regulate the DC link voltage while maintaining power factor to near unity. Once it is done, you can proceed to implement three phase inverter with whatever control scheme that you like. again I recommend IGBT for switching and you can even implement regeneration. you might have appropriate controller for the system. I want to refer to power electronics book written by Ned Mohan. The book can explain this idea. Please let me know if you need any more help.

The device your project is about is called a frequency converter.

I don't think it can be called as frequency converter. Please do correct me if I am wrong as I am not power guy. He will be still using the same 50Hz or 60Hz. He wants to convert the single phase 230V to 440V diveded into 3 phases using IGBT. This is normally done in UPS, inverters etc for delivering 3 phase from a single phase if I am not wrong.

Thankyou

I don't think it can be called as frequency converter. Please do correct me if I am wrong as I am not power guy. He will be still using the same 50Hz or 60Hz. He wants to convert the single phase 230V to 440V diveded into 3 phases using IGBT. This is normally done in UPS, inverters etc for delivering 3 phase from a single phase if I am not wrong.

Thankyou
I beleive that even if the user want it to have a fixed frequency, it's still gets under definition of frequency converter.
Definition from wikipedia:
wikipedia said:
frequency changers are also used to control the speed and the torque of AC motors

After all, the device will let the user easilly change speed (and thus frequency) of the AC motor. The user just decide to not take advantage of the other nice features of the device.

THIS IS REPOST BECAUSE I DELETED BY MISTAKE NO ACTION TO BE TAKEN ON THIS PLEASE.

He is looking something like this one

Please refer to micochip site. Full development kit is available.

Thankyou

please send circuit diagram

- - - Updated - - -

please send circuit diagram

Gm sir,
my name is nitin.
I am working on the same thing but initially I want to convert 415v AC to 700 dc for the rectifier circuit. I have tried this circuit using IGBT circuit using two pole in Simulink matlab.
but I am failing to do so why I don't know.my parameters and specification of the Simulink model is
Vin = 415V(ac),Vout =700(dc).I have used feedback path to control the output regulated to 700.
I have used PWM (4000hz) to drive first two igbt and next two igbt with the same frequency of the input voltage ie 50 hz.
I have used PI(proportional integral) controller. but I don't know how to tune that PI controller.
I am new to Simulink.
please help I will be thankful to you.

1) Ractify and filter the line voltage.
2)Make a 3 phase oscillator .

wave.jpeg
3) Make a power amplifier section .
images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.