Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FFT using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

swati_123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to calculate FFT of low frequency analog signal for my project. Can you please suggest a suitable microcontroller for the same. I found out about PIC32mx family. Would that be recommendable?If yes then which of PIC32mx seires controller would you suggest?

PIC32 should work fine.

You might also consider dsPIC because their hardware are more DSP oriented.

I already used the MSP430F149 to perform a measurement on 128 points.
( 12bit AD / 2K RAM / core 16bits )

Worked fine.

+++

I found MSP430 useful but its not easily available. Moreover its a mixed signal processor which requires separate programmer to dump the code. I want to use a controller for which universal programmer would do. Can you please give some suggestions regarding this?

I have used dsPIC processors for this purpose making use of the DSP library
**broken link removed**

if you are looking for a low cost development kit the Microchip microstick is very good
**broken link removed**

it comes with a header so you can attach it to a breadboard for your own circuits

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have used dsPIC processors for this purpose making use of the DSP library
**broken link removed**

if you are looking for a low cost development kit the Microchip microstick is very good
**broken link removed**

it comes with a header so you can attach it to a breadboard for your own circuits

dear horace1 can you tell that any extra software will be required for DM330013 (Microstick development board) ?
I want to buy it. I am very thankful to you.
Its a good solution for learning dsPic i think.
I want to start learning dsPIC
Thanks once again.

I want to ask is that I only need to buy the kit, nothing else.
everything is free available on internet. Am I right ?

Hi there,

You will also need a programmer. I think you can use the pic kit 2, or spend a little more and get the ICD2 which have many debugging features and very fast programming. Or you can build your own :)

PICKit 2 supports only some of the dsPIC30/33 and PIC24F/H. Better go for PICKit 3 which supports all current chips other than OTP kind.

the Microstick
**broken link removed**

has an onboard programmer (you don't need a seperate pickit 2 etc) and all the software is downloadable free for academic use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back