Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SNDR/ENOB measurements for differential Flash ADCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

matko

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i want to measure the ENOB of a fully differential flash ADC. I have vin+ and vin- as inputs and to output signals after each of 2^n-1 stages (after a latch: q and q_bar). The outputs are converted by an ideal DAC to an anlog voltage (stair-function).

I can now look at the differential signals (input and output) or only to the single ended signals. In the single ended case my LSB is 50mV and of course in the differential case it is doubled 100mV.
How should i measure the ENOB (single/differential)? I have seen plots, where the single/differential ended ENOB curves are different.
If i'm using differential signaling i have doubled the signal range, so i get 3dB, right? Should i expect a better enob?

Thank you! M

Status
Not open for further replies.