Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need low current supply power amp chip that can power a 8ohm load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmons11

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, what i'm looking for is a low voltage (less than three volts) power amplifier chip that can provide enough power to my 8ohm headphone load. I am designing an electronic stethoscope and have a beautiful/filtered signal that just needs a little boost at the output. I was trying to use a lm386 but had difficulties and have decided to switch. I am trying to get a signal about 1.5Vp out of this power chip with around a 100mVp signal at the input. If anyone knows any good chips that can provide enough power while running off either +3V or +/-3V I would be greatly appreciated. I have done some research and found some parts such as the LM358, TBA820M, and TDA2822M. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

Aaron

hmm give me some time ,i do simulation by using orcad pspice software ,see to able amplify frm 100mv to 15vp,¼

Last edited:

Thanks hotwaterwizard. I don't suppose you could go into more detail regarding the bootstrap, and ripple rejection? And by looking at the diagrams it looks as though RF is the only component that affects the gain? Then I suppose you would find the capacitor value on pin 2 by calculating the capacitance using the highet frequency in the circuit? Thanks again.

Attachments

• TBA820M_Amp_Schematic.jpg
    TBA820M_Amp_Schematic.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back