Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design start-up circuits??

Status
Not open for further replies.

yjshih

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

In my design, I have a analog block called "IREF-gen" which supplys bais currents for all other analog blocks in my IC; inside this "IREF_gen", we use a start-up; it comes two sorts of start-up for me: one is using p-n MOS diode-connected to gen constant bias for a NMOS; initially, the NMOS' source volatge is 0V and its VGS is higher than Vth and thus can supply start-up curent for the "IREF_gen"; when its bias points constructed, the VGS value decreases and finally shut down the NMOS; the other start-up is using PMOS diode-connected to suuply start-up current for the "IREF-gen" initially; when it bias point constructed, the diode-connected PMOS switched to non-diode-connected and so the bias curent shut down from the start-up circuits! Basically I feel the second one is better choice as it can supply higher start-up current and can seperate the start-up circuits from "IREF-gen" completely when its bias points built!!! But I am not sure which one is better!!!
anyone has any commments, please??? thanks for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.