Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital multimeter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirsan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls help to make the multimeter for my project:sad:

pls help to make the multimeter for my project
Step one for making a multimeter is to build a volt meter. The volt meter circuit is central to all other multimeter functions.

Find a semiconductor and display to only measure voltage. If trying to make a better resolution meter or learn what a meter really does, then do same with an A/D (analogu to digital) converter of at least 12 bits. Your converter will convert an incoming voltage to digital bits representing that voltage. Also learn how an A/D voltage reports different input voltages by using a resistor divider for each voltage scale.

i checked ur link but i couldn't find the ICL7106.....:sad:
wht to do.....?

i checked ur link but i couldn't find the ICL7106.....
I entered ICL7106 into Google. Got too many datasheets and other discussions. ICL7106 was simply one of so many such such solutions. ICL7106 was also one of the more famous.

In the meantime, you are also learning about Norton and Thevenin equivalent circuits because you asked to build more than just a DC volt meter. Also learn about voltage dividers. If I have not yet said it enough, the number 1 reason why we build things and fix things is to learn. Posted here are things that most any computer literate layman has in his toolbox of knowledge. What you are doing is what an informed computer tech has also done. Learn introductory concepts. And learn how to quickly get knowledge from datasheets.

Your multimeter project, even if you only get it to become a volt meter, is a perfect example of what any technically informed layman should attempt.

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Where to buy an ICL7106:
**broken link removed**

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
better go for micro controller design, old multi-meters used 7106 but now all are using multimeter and the parts count and the input switches can be reduce, 7106 is good for 3.5digit volt meter but for multimeter you have to add more circuits to it,

ICL7106 is common chip available in most electronic shops in major cities

better go for micro controller design, old multi-meters used 7106 but now all are using multimeter and the parts count and the input switches can be reduce, 7106 is good for 3.5digit volt meter but for multimeter you have to add more circuits to it,
yes ,
now i planned to do that with pic16f877a
can u help me .....i need ur help..

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

pls help i am searching for block diagram of the multimeter....
anybody send it to me.......
my email id nirsan7@gmail.com

are you planing for auto-range or manual select type?

i try manual selector...... if u hv any idea abt auto range.....

Nirsan,

I think we are doing same project. I think auto range is easier than manual range. because it is difficult to make range switch(with more selections).

It's quite easy you can make one of your own. No need to search for completed projects. I f you want I can help you. I have made it with 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back