Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem while programming AT89C2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hlo, everyone

I am a beginner in this programming stuff I had recently made a line follower robot to make which work i have to program a microchip I have taken the circuit from here :- **broken link removed**

I even had attended a workshop at my school where those people gave me the programmer for at89c51 whose name shown on my pc is "Silicon Labs 210x USB to UART Bridge". While researching I found a software ie proload 1.4 which when I used detected the development board but not the chip it shows "Device Programmer for 89 Series 4.4 SS Chip Not Detected 0 bytes used" :-(.In one of the pages(**broken link removed**) I saw that an adapter could make it work for 20pin chips even will it be true for my development board also..?? and would the circuit for the adapter remain same..??
And yeah I want to program AT89C2051.
Plz help me.. :)
Thanx..

I told ya Silicon Labs 210x USB to UART Bridge

Silicon Labs 210x USB to UART Bridge refers to the USB to UART device and driver your programmer is using, it does not explain anything about the programmer or circuit you are using. To program 89C2051 you need a 12V circuit for the reset pin. This mcu only can be programmed in parallel mode.

Why not use another mcu that can be programmed with ISP? (89S2051, 89S51)
Do some research and you will learn. There are many websites with information on building one of these programmers.

Silicon Labs 210x USB to UART Bridge is not the programmer its driver for usb to serial cable.... as ckshivaram said. you never told what external hardware device you are using for programming the controller

**broken link removed**

this is it this is the programmer i am using

Could anyone plz give a link for proload 4.1 plz
----------------------

I tried the adapter but in vain
Guyz isnt there a way other than to buy a new programmer..??

Status
Not open for further replies.