Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate a horn antenna in hfss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsou

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
horn antenna hfss

Hello,

I want to simulate a horn antenna in hfss but i have a difficulty in the design also. Can anybody help me? Is there a tutorial that can help?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

atsou

hfss horn antenna

If you have the Hfss software, you can see the examples in the examples directionary.

ansoft hfss horn antenna

If you are using HFSS8.5 you must draw the horn antenna, assign a perfectH boundary to the apperture of the antenna, draw a box which will include the aperture and a small part of the horn antenna, copy the horn antenna and paste it, then substract the copy out of the box, assign perfectE boundary to the intersection (except for the apperture) of the box and the horn antenna and assign radiation boundary to the outer surfases of the box. Don't forget to put a wave port where necassary. I haven't tried it in other versions of HFSS but I hope it will work. Good luck!

horn antenna in hfss

Hi nikoleta

eisai ellhnida?eyxaristw para poly gia tis symboules sou..
8a dokimasw twra kai an exw kamia aporia 8a se xanarwtisw

thanks a lot

atsou

horn antenna , hfss

yeah can someone point a site with example. Trying to figure out how this hffss works. I have student version of it.

how do we design horn antenna with hfss software

Geia sou! Ellinida eimai! Ego na deis ti provlimata eho me to HFSS... An boro na voithiso, efharistos.

hfss corrugated horn download

Atsou, Nikoleta

ONLY ENGLISH ON FORUM PLEASE!!
You'll get warning if you'll continue in nonenglish

eirp

hfss+horn antenna

hello,

sorry i didn't knew... it won't happen again

regards,
atsou

horn.hfss

Hello again,

I have the student version and I Haven't quite understand how to make a horn.
Do I have to desing it first? In what way?Or the design is ready in the libriaries?

Please Help me!!!!

regards,
atsou

antenna piramidala

What kind of horn do you want to simulate? A piramidal horn, a conical horn, a corrugated horn....
If you want a piramidal horn you can get a simple design from any book related with antenna design (if you want a different frequency just scale it) Once you got the right dimensions, just paint it in the hfss and simulate. If you want to optimize your design you can use optimetrics or do a parametric analysis (in hfss9).For corrugated horns, have a look at "Corrugated horns for microwave antennas" by P.J.B. Clarricoats and D. Olver

Regards
Mortin.

simulating a horn antenna in hfss

I dont have that example. I use HFSS at school. Can someone post it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back