Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

50 nanosecond pulse...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawadali477

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me to build a circuit that can generate 50 nanosecond "pure" pulse..???

any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

jawad

What do you mean by "pure"? What accuracy, voltage & rise/fall time?

Keith.

yeah i know "pure" sounds a crazy word, actually i wanted to have 50 nanosecond pulse width with 1KHz PRF. i wanted to build a TTL level signal. i tried many circuits but i failed. the laser the rise/fall time the better it will look like pulse.

thanks.

jawad

The normal 74xx123 monostables struggle to get down to 50ns. I have generated 25ns and 50ns pulses with microcontrollers but that is overkill if you don't need one anyway. Your best bet may be to use a fast comparator with push-pull output (i.e. not open collector/drain). Look at the TLV3501 from Texas Instruments for example.

Keith.

How about using the transition delay of gates to generate your pulse, TTL = 10nS/gate. Input pulse via 5 Nand gates into an output nand gate with the input pulse on the other input. If too short add a bit of capacitance o one of the series inputs.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.