Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power Voltage Controlled Current source

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahubl

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to design high power precision current source.
I found an Op-Amp with power MOSFET transistor are good for this design,:?:

I have to type signals:
1- 0 to 5Volts variable amplitude pulse
2- 0 to 5Volts variable amplitude full rectified sine wave.

When I apply pulse to current source, it works good. But on the full rectified sine wave I have problem and my signal has crashed and I can't find it.

Please let me know what is the problem?
Please let me know what do you think and do you have another current source configuration?

I'm waiting to your reply.

Thanks in Advance,;-)
Ronak

But on the full rectified sine wave I have problem and my signal has crashed and I can't find it.

Every now and then, we loose some signals :)

Can you be more specific about the circuit and the problem?

Did you add a resistor as a necessary load?

Hi,

I use lm324 op-amp and feed signal to non-inverting input.
Inverting input gets feedback to source of IRF640 power mosfet and source connected to GND with 10 Ohm resistor.

Please keep in your mind gate connected to output of LM324 and drain connected to transformer and other input of transformer connected to VCC=12Volts.

I can't find sine wave on other side of transformer

Please help me.

Regards

I can't find sine wave on other side of transformer
There are several issues when driving a transformer by a (modulated DC) current source.
- Feeding a DC current to a transformer most likely results in core saturation. You need to drive it either by a AC source without DC bias, or in a push-pull circuit to cancel the DC component.
- to use a transformer to transmit a current, the secondary winding must be terminated with a load

And don't cross-post your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.