Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuning PID parameters of DC motor speed control using Ziegler Nicholas method

Status
Not open for further replies.

theasus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it impossible to implement a dc motor speed control using closed loop ziegler nicholas method? For some transfer function I used ziegler nicholas method but I couldn't determine the PID parameters for DC motor speed control.Could you propose anything for this operation?
Thanks.

Have a look at this site.

He has a tutorial that is helpful and he stated that tuning must be done in OPEN LOOP.

But for the details, you have to buy his book.

Does anyone know how to do it in OPEN LOOP?

I increased kp,but I couldn't observe any oscillation at the output of the system.And I couldn't find any example about this operation on this site.(Tuning PID parameters of DC motor speed control using Ziegler Nicholas closed loop method).And I know this method,theoretically.My purpose is tuning pid parameters of a dc motor in simulink.

Reactions: udayak

udayak

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you don't observe oscillations or at least ringing overshoot with reasonable controller parameters, the control loop is possibly nearly of first order. Why do you want to use Ziegler-Nichols? You can simply tune the parameters for optimal response according to your criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back