Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a sensor without interfacing it with microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vattipalli

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, in my project i am using temperature , humidity , dust and light sensors....my guide told me to test any two sensors . how can i test a sensor without interfacing it to a micro controller...

Re: how to test a sensor

test like this:
connect input voltage and ground of sensor then connect multimeter at the output then the voltage in multimeter get change according to the temperature of input.

which sensor are you using. it depends on the type of sensors used. You cannot test LM35 directly if your multimeter does not support reading degrees. so if you dont tell which sensors you are using it is difficult to guide, tell which specific to type or manufacturer sensors you are using

ok for digital sensor we can test like this isn't ok next time i'll not suggest like this sorry

There is nothing to be sorry, thats how you learn. until unless you tell what you know you will not know what you know is right or wrong. so its always good to know or question ourself and to the poster of the thread about what, which about his requirement.

Everybody has right to answer in this post. thats how everybody learns new things. i learn a lot from you youngsters. but if someone corrects accept it whole heartedly, only after verifying, if it justifies your knowledge or it deviates from what you learn. You can always object to anyones answer no matter how much experienced he is if you feel the answer is not correct. but you should also justify why you felt like that..

answers are always welcome. dont be shy to post your answers

the sensors used are GP2Y1010AU0F Compact Optical Dust Sensor manufactured by sharp,MLX90614 Infra Red Thermometer manufactured by melexis, HIH-4030/31 humidity sensor manufactured by honeywell,TSL235R LIGHT-TO-FREQUENCY CONVERTER manufactured by TAOS (texas advanced optoelectronic solutions).

HI ,

u should use micro controller to test the temp sensor.... sm bus protocol learn the communication in datasheet... get the data & calibrate the value accroding to the spec

without using a micro controller we have to check it....using a simple circuit..is it possible....and all are digital sensors which are in shape of ics...

All the data sheet will have a test circuit in the end of document. You can refer them. If it does not have,then download application note for that device, which will have the informaton.

Since these are company modules, trial and error will damage the IC. so follow the test circuit only.

without using a micro controller we have to check it....using a simple circuit..is it possible....and all are digital sensors which are in shape of ics...

u have selected digital sensor which as sm bus protocol so u should use controller for get the data in communication...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back