Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line Following Robot and Obstacle Avoidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

faris88

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

i'm new here and really need help from u guys..

currently, i'm doing a project which is line following and obstacle avoidance..

can u assist me how to do it?

equipment:

IR emitter n receiver - for line following and obstacle

PIC 18f4520 microcontroller

motor driver L293D

DC motor

do u have any circuit for line following sensor which can prevent from ambient light?

Last edited:

for protection from ambient light better u cover with with black pastic tube...

for protection from ambient light better u cover with with black pastic tube...

is there any circuit that we can use to reduce the noise? ir is so sensitive to the environment is it enough by covering with black plastic tube?
anyway, i'll try it ..thanks for ur suggestion.

There is no circuit for that. but using IR you will not get much range also. It will be few centimeters. Go for ultrasonic sensor for that purpose

i dont know where to start.. can i just follow the sensor circuit given by this site **broken link removed**

yes you can do it.. ypu can also do it with 89c51 or its variant.. refer 8051.com. In the project section they have this project and code with circuit. for BE level 89c2051 maybe simple, so i told to go for some hogher controller with same architecture

i need to use pic microchip because this is what i have learned..thanks for ur suggestion in the other time i'll try to learn that...

is there any circuit that we can use to reduce the noise? ir is so sensitive to the environment is it enough by covering with black plastic tube?
anyway, i'll try it ..thanks for ur suggestion.

Generally speaking, no, there aren't good circuits to reduce the ambient interference. One of the primary sources of anguish for the students when I was in school, doing a similar project, were the fluorescent lights. Their flickering (too fast for human eyes to perceive) was significant, and generally made coding the control loop a real pain without LOTS of averaging of the detected voltage. The black plastic tube suggestion helped a lot in that case (typically little tubes of black heatshrink). Think of it like putting blinders on a horse... it only "sees" what it directly in front of it, the rest is suppressed.

i have made line tracing car but i did not make circuit diagram, but i will help u
u can see in attachment i,i have used a circuit and u have to use at least four circuit same like that, then u will get four digital outputs, u can store two output in one byte another two in next byte ,u have to compare both byte, according to that u will on left motor or right motor

Attachments

• surjeet.JPG
    surjeet.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 116

Generally speaking, no, there aren't good circuits to reduce the ambient interference. One of the primary sources of anguish for the students when I was in school, doing a similar project, were the fluorescent lights. Their flickering (too fast for human eyes to perceive) was significant, and generally made coding the control loop a real pain without LOTS of averaging of the detected voltage. The black plastic tube suggestion helped a lot in that case (typically little tubes of black heatshrink). Think of it like putting blinders on a horse... it only "sees" what it directly in front of it, the rest is suppressed.

oh..i see..so i'll cover ir sensor with black plastic..thanks for ur explanation..

i have made line tracing car but i did not make circuit diagram, but i will help u
u can see in attachment i,i have used a circuit and u have to use at least four circuit same like that, then u will get four digital outputs, u can store two output in one byte another two in next byte ,u have to compare both byte, according to that u will on left motor or right motor

ur circuit is quite similar with this one **broken link removed** what r u use for comparator? do u use LM324? actually what is purpose of using LM324 in this circuit?

LM324 is amplifier.. use LM393 for comparator

In this **broken link removed** site said he is use LM324 as comparator..so is that circuit gonna work? now i want to try construct that circuit.. how i'm gonna to check the circuit is correct or not?

**broken link removed**
i dont say LM324 cannot be used as comparator. it can be used. but why use it when you get comparator IC's for comparitively low cost

**broken link removed**
i dont say LM324 cannot be used as comparator. it can be used. but why use it when you get comparator IC's for comparitively low cost

oh i see...thanks for ur explanation..i'm quite lack of knowledge..feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.. :grin:

using lm324 to get actual digital signal , u can connect led with its output to understand ,u can see when u put ldr on black place or white place your led will turn on and off ,so this information u can send to controller

using lm324 to get actual digital signal , u can connect led with its output to understand ,u can see when u put ldr on black place or white place your led will turn on and off ,so this information u can send to controller

oh..okay..i'll try it later..now i'm trying to construct that circuit in the breadboard..quite messing with that circuit..

i have a problem regarding this **broken link removed** sensor circuit.. i have conducted one circuit for testing which is circuit for sensor 1..
however, it can't detect the black line..and also if i try to play with potentiometer the output (LED) will on and off..how make the IR detect the black line?

ir cannot detect more than 6mm. so make sure it is not more than 6mm. since it is in bread board, check the connection

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

These project are not meant to be rigged up on breadboard and tested. they will not work properly.

you need good board on which you solder the components and test

Status
Not open for further replies.