Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a counter with LFSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hover

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning LFSR, for its application, can it be used as a counter?

e.g. If I want to count from 0000 to 1111, how to use LFSR? I have thought much on it. But I can't find a way to use it. Maybe it can only be applied on some specific counters instead of all kinds of counters. Am I right?

Hi

LFSRs are used in generating Psudeo Noise signal, so they have a large period and i think they can not be used in generation of sequentional patterns.

Regards

You can use LFSR as a counter if order of count sequence does not matter for you - when there is only one rule that every state should be in count sequence.

But if you need to go strictly in ascending/descending order through all states e.g. 000,001,010, ..., 110, 111, then LFSR is not a choice for you.

Ace-X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back