Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter single phase with MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbywu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i will build single phase inverter with MOSFET this is my schema..

at the first trial, I connect it with 12VDC power sourche with lamp as load..and when I had turned on it, fuse F1 in my schema broken...please help me..
is my schema wrong?

Attachments

• my schema.JPG
    my schema.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 408

oscilator?
i use SPWM signal as input optocoupler...i think MOSFET on left side or right side turn on in same time..but in output optocoupler, the signal not turn on in same time...i don know why..

I think your problem here is due to cross conduction can you upload your circute diagram.

this is the signal input opto

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,
I've had fuses blowing off in H-bridge circuits. The problem wasn't cross-conduction. I think the high-side MOSFETs turn on accidentally. This is explained in Raymond Mack's book "SWITCHING POWER SUPPLIES DEMYSTIFIED". This happens due to a capacitance in the MOSFET that is present between the drain and gate and causes accidental turn-on. Connect a 1k resistor from the gate to source of each MOSFET. This prevents them from accidental turn-on. This was the case many times for me and I had many fuses and MOSFETs blown off.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

But did you check the signal at the gate of each mosfet before you power it?

what do you mean Rg=4,7 be replaced with R1K or R1K connected parallel with gate-source MOSFET?

tihs is signal at the gate each mosfet

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,
Rg should stay as it is. Connect a 1k resistor between the gate and source in parallel with the MOSFET gate-source ie parallel to the zeners eg D7,D8,D9,D10.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Replace your mosfet and check the gate signal again use your meter to measure the output voltage across j6 and j7 at Ac range and the frequency before connecting your transformer,your diagram and the pwm signal is ok therefore your inverter should work.

yes, i have just Connect a 1k resistor between the gate and source for each MOSFET.and signal Vgs MOSFET for high side and low side are same. and my fuse not blowing off again.

---------- Post added at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

what is the output SPWM inverter need filter?and how to calculate L and C?the output for inverter have variabel frecuency..

What is your voltage between j6andj7 at AC range? and to calculate the value of your LC then use the resonance frequency formula, you can follow this link for more info. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_circuit

AC range is 110-220V
hufh...,my board error again...i think connection ground IR2112 and DC- have any problem..i dont know after i turn on my DC source, and my board blow up...IR2112 was broken again..

yes, i have conected 1K resistor...what is the ground between IR 2112 and DC- need resistor too?or V supply to Dioda and capasitor bootstrap need resistor too?

No,
Everything else looks alright. The capacitors between pins 3 and 2 and the capacitor between pins 5 and 6 should be of the same value. Have you checked to see if the MOSFETs are okay or shorted? Check that, maybe you have shorted MOSFETs.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

The capacitors between pins 3 and 2 and the capacitor between pins 5 and 6 are not same in my schema.The capacitors pins 3 and 2 is 2,2 uF and The capacitors pins 5 and 6 is 470nF. yes, i will check the MOSFETs

The capacitors between pins 3 and 2 and the capacitor between pins 5 and 6 are not same in my schema.The capacitors pins 3 and 2 is 2,2 uF and The capacitors pins 5 and 6 is 470nF. yes, i will check the MOSFETs

Yes, I've seen that. I don't think it will cause much problems but I've read somewhere that you should use capacitors of same value.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi, the capacitors value are not the problem,before you power the inverter you have to cheak the output between j6 andj7, view it with osciloscope if posible you will see if the output signal is okey before you connect your transformer,also cheak the Vgs of High side and the low side how many volt did you see?

i have tested the circuit.Vgs of High side and the low side are same.and but if i connect it with DC source, lane between DC-(and wil go to the pin COM)and ground V supply for IR2112 blow up.in several literature books,DC power before go in inverter circuits will be split with two capasitors to get 0voltage in the midlle from two capasitors.what does this mean? iwhat the effect if i not use capasitors?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back