Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel Port Address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
get parallelport address

How can i get the Parallel Port (LPT1) Address through Programming in VB 6.0? Is there any way plz help me and send me the source code... :roll:

parallel port address api

where you work?
Win 9x or winnt or better?

winio inpout32 dlportio

Win98 can use some function to read, but at win2000
you must use a drive,you can find a free drive at internet,such as winio.sys.

On winxp you can download dlportio.dll , try to search this file by google

Hi

If you want only the address check your system information.

Regards

Here's a good place to start:
**broken link removed**

If you are using WinXP,2000 , then you need to get some DLL file and save it system directory...

Full info here : http://geekhideout.com/iodll.shtml

I used Portin and PortOut in my program so i had to put these two lines , but there are more functions that are useful

Private Declare Sub PortOut Lib "IO.dll" (ByVal Port As Integer, ByVal Data As Integer)
Private Declare Function PortIn Lib "IO.dll" (ByVal Port As Integer) As Byte

The address is H378

Example to output 00001111:
Call PortOut(&H378&, &HF&)

but there are H379 and H37A which are registers that can be useful .. I had a course project last semester and it was pc based spectrum analyzer, Parallel Port complete was a great refference , I think you can download it from here :

**broken link removed**

In visual basic we can't access the hardware directly.All hardware requests must go through windows.To control the port directly we have to use(.DLL) files.You can get these as a free download by going to the following page **broken link removed**

u can directly check ur PC configuration while booting ur system...
it may be 0x37(8,9,a) or ox27(8,9,a) or .....
but as far as i know VB cant communicate with parallel ports..

jay

jay_ec_engg said:
u can directly check ur PC configuration while booting ur system...
it may be 0x37(8,9,a) or ox27(8,9,a) or .....
but as far as i know VB cant communicate with parallel ports..

jay
I think you want to get the address of parallel port while programming?
If so, you get this by VB via using API function that Window provide. If you want to know more how to use API function in VB, you can find books about Advanced VB programming

The book here is not complete:

**broken link removed**

Chapters 9-15 are missing. This same book is atleast in 2 places in the forum and also these are incomplete.

For win98 you can write a DLL in C and call it from VB use the functions _inp and _outp (conio.h)

Write 0 to all possible LPT port nos, then Read the values in a loop from all possible LPT port numbers the one returning anything but 255 is the right one.

Now for anything but win98 /95 you will need a separate DLL that works at the kernel level either write it or download it inpout32.dll is fine..
Follow the above procedure thats all

see : **broken link removed**

new version ( inpout32 DLL ) works on Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP :eek:

thank you LOGIX4U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back