Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use a flip flop in 4 LED random flasher project

Status
Not open for further replies.

shariq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am just a beginer wid the circuit,working on a small project.its a random flasher in which only 1 LED is ON at a time. i want to use a clock circuit using D flip flop.suppose I need to use 4 LEDs,m not gettin how to use flip flop?

u can made also by using 555 timer ic and decade counter

u also can use CMOS counter IC..try search for CMOS 4000 series..it easy..dont afraid with the name..

Maybe something like the ring counter shown in this: **broken link removed**. You run the ring counter at a high enough clock speed to make it seem random when it's stopped by a button push. If you need to conitinuously display random LEDs, try a variation of the pseudo-random method in the same link.

Last edited:

Actually, a really cheap, poorly made, pushbutton connected directly to the clock input of a decade counter can also produce a random count. No need for a 555 timer or other clock circuitry. One case where switch bounce is a good thing! Then a BCD to decimal decoder can be used to drive only one LED at a time. This would work for up to 10 LEDs if all bits were used; if the upper two bits to the decoder where pulled low, then one of four - as per the original post - would light. I've used this technique in the past...

The OP has clearly stated an intent to use D-type flip flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back