Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller project

Status
Not open for further replies.

souravchakraborty

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody tell me how can i count human being crossing a door with using a microcontroller,with less amount ...i wanna to do this for my total project..& how can i control dc motor with a microcontroller..plz help me...my email id is xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com[/email].
MOD: Anything may be shared on the forum for benefit of all members. We dont entertain private sharing.

Use IR transmitter and receiver with a 8 pin comparator, it will cost you around 30-40rs. use l293D ic for driving dc motor. try this if you dont get i will give circuit diagram and code for your project. But try yourself

thabk u very much...can any body tell me da process to count only human by using ir transmitter receiver& what would be da approx cost of l293D ic to drive da motor....if anybody can get that dan plz give me da ckt diagrm...

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

as per controller i will use either 8051 or atmel8952..thank u pla help me if u can.

The motor driver L293D will only cost around 70Rs...... We get @ this rate here @ kerala...... May have some variation in other place.........
The process is that the IR TX & RX unit are always connected in line of sight i.e face to face. If any thing breaks this link (in your project it is human) between TX & RX,that will lead to an interrupt in the communication & you will have to use this principle for your application.So number of times the link is interrupted means that much humans have crossed the door.... I think you got the idea.... So keep on counting the no: of interrupts in the TX-RX link & that will give the no: of humans passed through the door.......
Regards,
Jerin. ;-)

ckshivram da can u post the ir transmitter receiver with 8pin comp.. cktdiagrm ....i have not get..if u send it i will b greatfull to u..thank u......

Use the IR beam and mount it high enough that a person will break it but a cat/dog will pass beneath it.
Do bear in mind that with a single beam you would count people going in both directions. For example, someone entering and then leaving will count as two. If you want to count people entering but not leaving or vice versa, use two IR beams arranged so that one then the other is broken as someone passes, you can then tell the direction they went.

Brian.

how much dis tranmitter receiver will cost can anybody tell....
I am clueless about other designs but the one i bought was single side reflective (IR LED and sensor on the same side) which was effective up to 6" plus adjustable through variable resistor built arround one 555 and other few componenets. The board measured 1" x 1.25" and costed me 200/- each module in Bangalore. It has 3 pins. Vcc GnD and output Normally "Hi" and goes "Low" when obstacle detected). Here is the photo of the same

Attachments

• IR Obst.jpg
    IR Obst.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 65

i have attached IR circuit as well as line follower robot, but lot of extra features are there you may neglect it.

Attachments

• Line_follower.doc
    144 KB · Views: 67
  • IR_sensor.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 68

Status
Not open for further replies.