Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antena simulation problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapa

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to simulate the efect of a monopole (2600 mm length) on the radiation pathern of a patch antenna for 40 GHz. So I have a antenna of 10x10 mm (including gound plane) and a monopole of 2600 mm and 500 mm far from patch. I will like to simulate it on CST. But is a huge simulation. Any idea to simulate the radiation pather of 40 GHz antenna on this situation??

Thank all for your help

TaPa

tapa said:
I need to simulate the efect of a monopole (2600 mm length) on the radiation pathern of a fix antenna for 40 GHz. So I have a antenna of 10x10 mm (including gound plane) and a monopole of 2600 mm and 500 mm far from fix. I will like to simulate it on CST. But is a huge simulation. Any idea to simulate the radiation pather of 40 GHz antenna on this situation??

at 40GHz, lambda0~=30cm/40=7.5mm(thus your p@tch dimentiones should be about (7.5/2)~=4mmx4mm). antenna and monpole distance is 500mm=67*Lambda0>d^2/(2Lambda0), thus the monopole is in farfield, and does not effect on patch impedance marix, or patch surface currents, or any other criterion using in numerous codes to simulate antennas. well, according to this, you should first simulate your p@tch, precisely, and get the farfield and patterns. then, having a source point with your special pattern, you have a scattering problem. becouse the length of monopole is soo big (347*lambda0), and assuming a GP for monopole, we can assume that we have an infinite length wire at the distance of 500mm to the source point. it is a classical scattering problem, and could be easily solved; see, for example, balanis standard antenna book. i sow these books around here. tell me if you have any further problem, or if you cant find books.

marti

Status
Not open for further replies.