Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Digit Up and Down counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralmslb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have seen some posts about up and down counter but not what I was looking for.

I don't know much about electronics, so i'm a truly beginner.

I was looking for a schematic of a Up and Down counter with reset button and that could be presettable in the inside (with switches for example).
The main idea is a gadget to use with a card game, using the counter to count life, so starting at 20 for example, and using a 2 digit common cathode display and 3 buttons (count Up, count Down and Reset).
So when you press up it adds 1 to the value in the display, and when you press down it subtracts 1 to the value in the display. And when you press reset it goes back to preset value.

Something cheap and small.

Thanks for the help.

Ralm.

I don't have a specific suggestion but if you'll use the search terms "increment", "decrement" and "counter" you may have some results. This could be easily implemented with a microcontroller so consider posting in that category.

a 8051 or a Pic microcontroller will solve ur problem.Use a 2 dimensional arrray for the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back