Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use opamp 741 with +/- 5v power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARENDRA1234

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i use opamp 741 with +-5v power supply?will it work on 5V?

i think u can normally op-Amp operating Vcc is from 4.5v to 18 v may be even higher ,
if u r limiting the vcc the ouput drive capability is limited.also max saturated output voltage is limited to Vcc.(ie 5v)

ya u can do it. In opm maximum vcc is +18 to - 18. so you will make the power supply with +5 v.

It won't work on a single 5V supply. The output voltage range is only within 3V of each rail depending on the load. The same for the input voltage range. If you want to use a 5V or +/-5V supply I suggest you look at other opamps.

Keith.

It won't work on a single 5V supply. The output voltage range is only within 3V of each rail depending on the load. The same for the input voltage range. If you want to use a 5V or +/-5V supply I suggest you look at other opamps.

Keith.

ok..can you suggest me any opamp like this?Is MCP605 is worth?can i use it?thnks man..

I'm not sure what the MCP605 is. There is the MCP6051 etc from Microchip which are very low power 5V, rail-rail opamps. They have a low bandwidth though. It all depends on what you want to do with them. Even the LM324 can run from a single 5V supply, but it cannot work very close to the positive rail for input or output so you need to be careful where you bias the common mode voltage.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.