Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Howto recover wrong fuses settings on a AVR atmega8

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishra12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi experts
How to recover wrong fuses settings on a AVR say atmega8 ? may be isp disabled (cannot detect chip error-24).don't suggest HV programmer method pls suggest any easier way to recover .
i am using pony prog2000.thanks.

Last edited:

STK500 development board can recover avr (in parallel high voltage programming mode)

or
Check this link

**broken link removed**

It depends on how the fuses are set.

If you had selected external crystal then this may work.

If you had disabled the spi then you need a parallel high voltage programmer

Nandhu

thanks for reply sir i think the chip is spi disabled and as you suggested i found this circuit for hvp for atmega series ,i have little confusion how to set internal crystal value from 3 -8 mhz .pls provide me screen shot for setting this option .

The circuit is a good one and restore the fuses to the default values (factory settings).

Avoid using pony prog. Better use usbasp.

For settings use fuse bit calculator software

Nandhu

For recovering fuse bits, there are various techniques discussed in this thread.
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/131804/
Find the way you find easy and working. By the way, using USBasp with ProISP as programming software works great.

thanks to all now i am gonna construct usbasp( pranam77/nandhu015)

as suggestion because easy to construct before that i'll try like welove8051 suggested using external clock source .lastly pls how to select 4mhz crystal internally is it check on cksel 1100 along with bootsz1 and bootsz0 checked

Status
Not open for further replies.