Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minimum voltage for Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

barathwaj555

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Phillips 89V51RD2 microcontroller. what is the minimum voltage which the microcontroller can detect as high level input?

I think those nice folks from Phillips have clearly and concisely answer your question in the datasheet.

Ya. Refer the datasheet of the controller which you are using............ It is explained in detailed there.
Regards,
Jerin. :)

it is around 3.1-3.2 V. also depends on the supply voltage becoz it is sum fraction of it.. confirm with d datasheet.

I am using Phillips 89V51RD2 microcontroller. what is the minimum voltage which the microcontroller can detect as high level input?

Don't really know why but I checked the data sheet for you.
89V51RD2 has a min high voltage of 0.2*Vdd + 0.9V. For 5V that would be min high level of 1.9V.
Vdd min is 4.5V therefore the absolute lowest Vin-high is 1.8V if Vdd is 4.5V
A good approach, stay above 2V for high input voltage and you are OK.

@nikhil_jain, just curious where you got your numbers from. Crystal ball?

Cheers, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back