Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the reverse beta of BJT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moyu82

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have some questions about reverse beta of BJT.

What is the reverse beta?

I don't know well, it's simply used for changed position.

For example, voltage is applied at emitter and ground is connected at collector.

At that time, beta is reverse beta.

Is it correct?

In addition, have you ever seen any BJT specs including reverse beta spec?

Please answer to me. Thank you

Re: Reverse beta of BJT

Hi,

Reverse beta is ratio of emitter current to base current in inverse-active region (collector-base junction forward biased and the emitter-base junction reverse biased).

So if transistor operates in forward-active region and you interchange collector and emitter connections, it'll probably operate in reverse-active region.

I've not seen reverse beta in specs. But this parameter can be used in model of BJT.

Last edited:
Reactions: moyu82

moyu82

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Reverse beta of BJT

Yes, BR (reversed beta) is a parameter in the commonly used BJT SPICE model (based on Gummel-Poon), the default value is 1. The parameter plays a role in the description of saturated operation. Gummel

Reactions: moyu82

moyu82

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.