Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three Phase BLDC motor H Bridge Circuit using mosfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

m33ral98

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
Hi,I am new to website and new to this subject aswell,so if my quetions ar silly please bare with me.

I am trying to build Three phase H bridge,using 6 mosfets to commutate Three phase Bldc motor.Voltage supply for this motor is 15v-60v DC and i am using Atmeg8 microcontroller to control it.

My questions are related to H-bridge:

1) How do i choose MOSFETs?

i have build a H bridge using 3 p-mos (High) and 3 n-mos(mlow) using driven by four switching inverters made by transistors.

2)IF i build another h bridge with all n-mos will it giv me same results?

3)i have also consider using L6385 driver,would that make any diffrent?( by the way i havent figured out how to use it tho)

4)when it comes to H-bridge and drivers,how to decide which one is better refer to cost,efficiency and avaibillity?

Hi

1. You can select MOSFETs according to the voltage & current ratings, Also consider the Rds(ON) .. use least RDS(on) MOSFET so that heating will be less.

2. You can use N channel mosfets at High side , but to drive high side gate you have to use boot-strapping or separate isolated power supply . It will work the same way as with p&n channel mosfet H bridge

3. IR2110 ( from International rectifier irf.com) are good, M57962L based drivers are also works fine

hello
I used 3 for a L6384 for a motor 50,000 rpm at 60V
L6384 are stmicroelectronics

Last edited:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi...i was looking thru an application note by ON semiconductors on control of 3 phase BLDC motors using MC33035....
my queries:
1. the circuit uses both p channel n n channel;any specific reason? can we use n channel for both? how would that change the circuit design?

2. can we use the circuit to control 5V motors by putting some buffer in between? if so, how would i alter the design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back