Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use Visual Basic 6.0 to access USB Port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benri22

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
visual basic usb port

I am planning to do the project, Here I am:

1. Using PIC18F252 as MCU to handle the communication between PC and USB chip.

2. Using Visual Basic 6.0 as Window Program to create the USB driver

The problem is, can I do this way?

visual basic usb ports

Hello Benri22,

A good place to start looking at is DLP Design (search google yourself). As for the driver, try HIDMaker. There was an article from May04 issue of Circuit Cellar.
Enjoy!

usb port number in visual basic programming

Hello Benri.
If you install CCS_PICC 3.190 c compiler you will find good examples
Take a look in the example "ex_usb_hid.c"
I think all the information you need is there.
But the microprocessor used is PIC16C765. Not exactly the one you want to use....
Cheers
S.

cypress visual basic

with FTDI chip for USB, your will have to use a virtual port COM (available with free drivers from FTDI)

and interface to your PIC, wiht either RS232 (FT8U232) or parallel access (FT8U245)

CU

usb port access using vb6

benri22 said:
I am planning to do the project, Here I am:

1. Using PIC18F252 as MCU to handle the communication between PC and USB chip.

2. Using Visual Basic 6.0 as Window Program to create the USB driver

The problem is, can I do this way?

I ever see your project in chinese book , if you are in china please take alook at usb book.

using visual basic to build the USB driver is impossible , if you use ready made custom control to communicate via usb that's possible.

how to connect vb to ftdi chip

Hi, guys

Thank you very much to reply.

I will let you guys know what I done for those VB, USB, PIC things.

benri22

visual basic 6 usb control

Please let me know if you done this project.

arkon

visual basic 6 usb example

hi,

You can see usb complete i upload the source code of the book
look here :

you will find examples with the visual basic and vc++
hope this help you :wink:

bye

Fire in the Wire :sm2:

visual basic usb

Well, it pretty much depends if you want to do it the hard way or the easy way. The easiest way is to use the FTDI chips, no protocol knowledge needed and a virtual COM port driver is provided. For real USB devices, easiest way is to go for the HID class. Firmware required but driver programming not required, or minimal. Downside is that transfer rates are limited to 0.5 Mbps, i think. If you need a custom USB device, you will also need to have a USB function driver. For windows, this would entail DDK programming in win32 C. It all depends on how much you are willing to commit.
BTW, you do need a USB Node Controller on the device side, unless you are using FTDI chips. Popular USB microcontrollers include cypress ones and some microchip OTP microcontrollers. Or you may opt for stand-alone node controllers. The more common choices are the National USBN9603/4 and the Philip's PDIUSBD11/2 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back